If Your Church Vanished, Would Your Community Weep? Would Anyone Notice? Would Anyone Care?
“I will never forget the comment of one fourth-grade teacher as she stood there, amazed at the work being done on her classroom by complete strangers: ‘If this is Christianity, then I’m interested,’ she said.”
from Forward by Rick Rusaw and Eric Swanson
Learn from churches that have made serving their communities a priority–with dramatic results. Your church can be a firm pillar in your community because of the unwavering truth and love of its members.
Use case studies from churches that have mastered community service, and apply the action steps to:
- Attract new believers and reach hurt and skeptical people through service
- Use the resources your church already has to impact those in need
- Learn how churches have made community service a part of their DNA
- Help your members deepen their spiritual commitment through service
- Discover practical ways to change your community–starting now
From the minister to the mechanic and the teen to the tenured, your church will expand God’s kingdom when it extends his love to the people in your community.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR:
Eric Swanson, BGU DMin graduate, is a missional leadership specialist with Leadership Network, leading initiatives with externally focused churches that are missionally engaging their communities, cities, and the world. He also works with Gloo, a company that focuses on technology that enhances wellness, relationships, and spirituality. He serves on the board of Christians for Social Action and is coauthor of four books.