Welcome to BGU’s online Application process! It is easier to complete the application if you gather a few things before you start the process.
GATHER THE FOLLOWING APPLICATION INFORMATION
- Identification: You will need your Social Security Number (US Students), Passport Number and/or US Residence Number.
- Applicant Essay: Compose your essay so that you can cut and paste it into application text box.
Please note that the essay should demonstrate graduate level writing in terms of content, organization, grammar and spelling and must be 450-500 words (500 maximum). Describe why you are seeking a degree through BGU and how this step fits into your faith and vocation journey. Include a description of your ministry, mission and/or business experience.
- 2 References - request at least two references from people who know you well enough to provide the information requested. Iinclude at least one work-related reference and one character reference. Note: Would be helpful to obtain references from people who have observed you in your ministry and/or business setting.
- 3-5 Personal Learning Community (PLC) Agreements: This requirement is unique to BGU. We ask that you gather a group of leaders around you to support and encourage you through your educational journey called your “Personal Learning Community.” Your PLC is a strategic choice, providing you with fellow "travelers" who have a personal and/or professional interest in sharing your learning, i.e. how your perspective is changing and how that is impacting your life and work. For that reason, co-workers, pastors and/or spouses may be good candidates. You will need to send BGU’s PLC Agreement to 3-5 individuals.
- Photograph - current head shot of yourself, preferably in jpeg format.
- Application Fee - $50 payable at the end of the application with a credit card. If you need to mail or wire payment, disregard the credit card payment fields. Mail to Bakke Graduate University, 8515 Greenville Ave. S206, Dallas, TX 75243-7039, USA.
- For MBA Applicants only: GMAT Test Score.
- EDUCATION: You will need to list all post-secondary schools attended where credit was earned, as well as the location of the school and the degree earned, if any.
- Official Transcript - Required from institutions granting your highest degree listed in your online application - BGU must receive transcripts directly from the institution. (Download Transfer Request Form)
- TOEFL Score (if English is not your native/first language) - Official Internet-based Test (iBT) TOEFL Score sent by ETS to BGU (Institution code: 0709.) Or if you meet the qualifications, you may petition for a TOEFL waiver by downloading and submitting the completed TOEFL Waiver Statement to BGU (email to firstname.lastname@example.org).
- IF POSSIBLE: It is helpful for us to have a copy of your passport picture page. Send separately to email@example.com
For Theology of Work (TOW) Teaching Certificate Applicants; please download this TOW application packet.