Welcome to BGU’s online Application process! It is easier to complete the application if you gather a few things before you start the process.
GATHER THE FOLLOWING APPLICATION INFORMATION
- Identification: You will need your Social Security Number (US Students), Passport Number and/or US Residence Number.
- Applicant Essay: Compose your essay so that you can cut and paste it into the application text box.
Please note that the essay should demonstrate graduate-level writing in terms of content, organization, grammar, and spelling and must be 450-500 words (500 maximum). Describe why you are seeking a degree through BGU and how this step fits into your faith and vocation journey. Include a description of your ministry, mission and/or business experience.
- 2 References - request at least two references from people who know you well enough to provide the information requested. Include at least one work-related reference and one character reference. Note: Would be helpful to obtain references from people who have observed you in your ministry and/or business setting.
- 3-5 Personal Learning Community (PLC) Agreements: This requirement is unique to BGU. We ask that you gather a group of leaders around you to support and encourage you through your educational journey called your “Personal Learning Community.” Your PLC is a strategic choice, providing you with fellow "travelers" who have a personal and/or professional interest in sharing your learning, i.e. how your perspective is changing and how that is impacting your life and work. For that reason, co-workers, pastors and/or spouses may be good candidates. You will need to send BGU’s PLC Agreement to 3-5 individuals.
- Photograph - a current headshot of yourself, preferably in jpeg format.
- Application Fee - $50 payable at the end of the application with a credit card. If you need to mail or wire payment, disregard the credit card payment fields. Mail to Bakke Graduate University, 8515 Greenville Ave. S206, Dallas, TX 75243-7039, USA.
- EDUCATION: You will need to list all post-secondary schools attended where credit was earned, as well as the location of the school and the degree earned if any.
- Official Transcript - Required from institutions granting your highest degree listed in your online application - BGU must receive transcripts directly from the institution. (Download Transfer Request Form)
- TOEFL Score (if English is not your native/first language) - Official Internet-based Test (iBT) TOEFL score sent by ETS to BGU (Institution code: 0709.) Or if you meet the qualifications, you may petition for a TOEFL waiver by downloading and submitting the completed TOEFL Waiver Statement to BGU (email to email@example.com).
- IF POSSIBLE: It is helpful for us to have a copy of your passport picture page. Send separately to firstname.lastname@example.org
For Theology of Work (TOW) Teaching Certificate Applicants; please download this TOW application packet.