Bakke Graduate University
Doctor of Ministry Degree Requirements
Pursuing a Doctor of Ministry Degree at BGU is an awesome global theological educational experience. The following are required to pursue a DMin Degree at Bakke Graduate University:
- Must have an MDiv. Degree or an MDiv. equivalent.
- Complete 40 semester credit hours and a Dissertation with a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 3.0.
- Students obtaining a grade of B- or lower cannot be accepted for credit towards their degree.
Students can submit their DMin Dissertation proposal after completing their Research Bridge class. They will have the opportunity to select their dissertation supervisor and a second reader. Once their dissertation proposal is approved by the Academic Cabinet, the following course of action will occur:
- Students will set up appointments with their dissertation supervisors to ensure the expected dates of submitting various chapters are completed.
- Students must demonstrate:
- A specific concern regarding leadership in ministry.
- Mobilize appropriate resources.
- Develop a process to address the concern and the evaluation of that response.
- Demonstrate the ability to reflect theologically in relation to practical global ministry.
- Illustrate the ability to function responsibility under supervision appropriate to the project.
- They will have their entire dissertation submitted by the date required by the Academic Dean.
- An oral defense of the dissertation will be scheduled and completed before the final recommendation is approved.