- Academic Achievement:
- Grades:Students working toward the EMBA degree shall complete 36 semester credit hours by taking coursework in each of the core curriculum sections specified below. Students must maintain a 3.0 grade point average (GPA) to meet EMBA degree requirements. See the section on Grading in the school Catalog for policies related to grade changes.
- Courses and Concentrations:The 36-credit hour requirement consists of nine 3-credit Core Courses for 27-credit hours, 6-credit hours of electives, and a Capstone Project. The courses will be contextualized to the culture in which the student lives and works.
- Request for Candidacy (Graduation)
Students who have completed approximately three quarters of their degree program (generally 30 credits toward their degree) may apply for candidacy, i.e. graduation track status. The AAC will make the final decision as to whether the student qualifies for candidacy and will be admitted into the final stages of the degree program. Each Request for Candidacy will include the following procedures:
- The prospective candidate will have fulfilled all entrance deficiencies and other conditions stipulated at the time of admission into the program;
- The prospective candidate will have demonstrated a capacity for graduate level studies, indicated by the quality of written materials submitted in conjunction with his or her coursework;
- The prospective candidate will submit a Request for Candidacy form to the Office of the Registrar;
- Requests for Candidacy must be received and approved not later than February 15th each year for students planning to graduate that year. Later applications may be submitted, but the student will not be assured of any right to graduate in that year.