- Program Length & Cost:
Students may take a minimum of two years and a maximum of seven
years (from the date of acceptance) to complete the degree. The cost per credit for the MATL is $500. For details about additional fees, see section III. Financial Information.
- Academic Achievement:
- 36 semester credit hours.
- Maintain a 3.0-grade point average (GPA).
- Core Courses:
- Independent Studies and Internships may be undertaken with special approval by the MATL Director.
- Request for Candidacy (Graduation)
Students who have completed approximately three-quarters of their degree program (generally 30 credits toward their degree) may apply for candidacy, i.e. graduation track status. The Academic Dean, in consultation with the Academic Cabinet, will make the final decision as to whether the student qualifies for candidacy and will be admitted into the final stages of the degree program. Each Request for Candidacy will include the following procedures:
- The prospective candidate will have fulfilled all entrance conditions stipulated at the time of admission.
- The prospective candidate will have demonstrated a capacity for graduate-level studies by maintaining a 3.0 GPA.
- The prospective candidate will submit a Request for Candidacy form no later than February 15th of the year the student plans to graduate to the Office of the Registrar. Later applications may be submitted, but graduation in that year will not be assured.