BGU's degree programs include courses fully online conducted primarily using a Learning Management platform as well as virtual weekly Zoom meetings. As a general rule, each course will be divided into the following format:
- A weekly journal of thoughts and learnings that the student is experiencing.
- Weekly discussion groups on topics appropriate to the syllabus as well as weekly Zoom meetings.
- Ongoing reading from both a list of required resources and a list of recommended readings. Many of the books are available digitally in the BGU library.
- A global city immersion with a focus on research.
- Individual advising and mentoring.
Read the article of BGU Academic Dean, Dr. Bryan McCabe on online learning and community:
"A big key to effective online learning is building a sense of community. All students who enter into the five academic degree programs at BGU must apply what they’re learning where they live, work, and play. By offering online learning opportunities, BGU leaders are able to stay connected to their organizations and local communities while serving as transformational change agents through meaningful interventions and research.” Read more