In a world of constant change and mutation, God calls Christian leaders to be at the forefront of global decision-making influences and innovative processes. Those with this call provide a prophetic voice for leaders who work for harmony and peace amid the most challenging areas of our shrinking global village.
This Ph.D. program aims to equip leaders at the highest levels as scholar-practitioners. Thus equipped, they combine the ability to think critically, research thoroughly, and analyze correctly with the skills to solve problems practically.
Being thus equipped, they will speak prophetically with power and authority. They will be able to influence decision-makers, just as Joseph did in the ancient Egyptian court (Gen. 41:39).
BGU already offers two doctoral degree programs for practitioners. By adding a Ph.D. program, we will be placing a stronger emphasis on the use of scholarly research to strengthen practical problem-solving. The time has come to raise up leaders who can fashion workable solutions based on first-rate research.
You are the right Ph.D. candidate if you:
- have a Masters Degree
- are a seasoned or an influential leader,
- work in ministry, business, non-profit, higher education, or government,
- want to become an innovative thought leader,
- are looking for a global network of innovative urban leaders.
- love using research to solve problems
Read the story of Bekele Bedada Tulu:
"In my Ph.D. research, I want to clarify principles of leadership that need to be highlighted in my context which will open the eyes on how to engage our communities on transformational leadership. The scientific research that I have already started while working on my Ph.D. will transform my own practices.” Read more
BGU Ph.D. will provide you:
- U.S. nationally accredited TRACS accredited program
- collaboration, community, and contextualization,
- urban focus with innovation emphasis,
- highly qualified instructors and researchers
- courses embedded in your own context
- a vast variety of online platforms and research tools for your studies
- huge global network of innovative and transformational leaders
- mentoring and spiritual formation opportunities
Read the article of Ph.D. Program Director Dr. Martined Audéoud:
"The vision as we developed this program is to equip scholar-practitioners who proactively innovate in the urban context and thought leaders who encourage a culture of innovation. Leaders will accomplish this goal as they build on demonstrated leadership practice and research skills to exemplify sustainable and regenerative leadership grounded in collaboration, community, and contextualization.” Read more
Read a note by BGU President, Dr. Brad Smith:
"Whether onsite or online, the values that drive BGU courses are the same. The emphasis has never been downloading content through lectures or watching talking heads. “Teaching is out. Learning is in.” Professors see their role as facilitating a learning environment utilizing global relationships and experiences, not serving as the primary “teachers.” The online tools allow the experiences to be curated without geographic restraints. The BGU global relationships provide a unique global palette of experts to draw from.” Read more