Bakke Graduate University, Dallas, TX, invites applications and nominations for the position of University Registrar. Under the leadership of the Academic Dean, the University Registrar serves as an integral member of the BGU's academic leadership team and is responsible for the leadership and management of all administrative, operational, and technical functions of the Office of the Registrar.
The University Registrar should be an innovative leader who has a developed vision for the functioning of a technologically sophisticated Registrar's Office. The University Registrar ensures integrity, accuracy, and security of all academic and educational records of BGU students and helps to ensure compliance with federal, state, and other regulatory agencies. The University Registrar enforces academic policies and regulations of the University and is responsible for oversight and administration of academic and student policies as they pertain to student records.
The Position: The University Registrar's position will require both broad oversight, as well as, a hands-on management style. The essential functions of the position include:
- Lead innovatively, collaboratively, and with a forward-thinking vision for the functioning of a Registrar's office. Position the office to respond effectively to the University's needs and anticipated growth in both number of available programs and students.
- Liaise with key administrative offices (eg. Financial Aid, Student Accounts, Admissions) and partner with the academic leadership team to support effective functioning of the University.
- Manage, maintain, and be accountable for all academic and educational records of BGU students. Supervise the degree audit process to ensure the integrity of the completion of the degree program as it pertains to the awarding of a BGU degree.
- Oversee and administer University academic policies and regulations to ensure compliance with federal, state, and other regulatory agencies (NSLDS, FERPA, TITLE IV, and others)
- Assume responsibility for all Registrar-related activities in Populi and ensure the integrity of data disseminated by the Registrar's Office.
- Evaluate existing systems, workflows, and technology and institute improvements as necessary to ensure efficiency of administrative processes, consistency with best practice standards, and stellar customer service to all University constituents.
Mission: BGU works to strengthen leaders who steward resources with and for vulnerable people and places, by means of contextual, Christian-based education innovatively delivered throughout the urban world. BGU's student body is scattered across the globe from all cultures and from challenging circumstances. The educational delivery is focused on mentoring and thoughtful engagement with those beyond our communities. BGU focuses on transformational learning where the status quo is consistently being challenged and pushed by responding to the urgent challenges of our time with rigorous, independent and creative thought.
Qualifications: The selected candidates should have the following:
- earned master's degree from an accredited institution noting a BA is acceptable if applicant has previous registrar experience and is willing to complete a master's degree with BGU.
- Minimum 3years experience working in a registrar's office in higher education with a work background that demonstrates increasing levels of responsibility for and a comprehensive understanding of all elements of a complex registrar operation including accreditation requirements and standards. Ability to provide accurate detailed record keeping.
- Experience at a functional and operational level with student information systems, classroom scheduling, and optimization systems in Populi. Along with strong computer skills working in Microsoft Office programs.
- Understanding of FERPA, HIPPA and Title IX, along with other laws and regulations regarding student records.
- Exceptional management, problem-solving, administrative, analytical, interpersonal, communication and organization skills.
- Adaptability, strong critical judgment and a commitment to diversity and teamwork.
- Excellent Customer service orientation
- Ability to work harmoniously and collaboratively with students, faculty, staff, administrators and other constituents.
Prioritize this position to be in Dallas, Texas. Applicants must be eligible for U.S. Employment. Qualified applicants to include documentation for U.S. employment as specified on Employment Eligibility Verification Form I-9.
Application Process: All applicants must send a cover letter outlining their experience and successes along with their resume electronically to:
Bakke Graduate University
Director of Operations